Casa Club Location
Enjoy your time in Sao Paulo staying in the Restaurants and Bars neighborhood in the city.
How to feel at home when far away? This inspired us to create the proper mood at Casa Club. But of course, while traveling you're also looking for local culture and entertainment. And you know, we're not in the eye of the tornado for nothing! At our bar you'll find a lot of friends from the University of São Paulo and other regular customers from Vila Madalena.
Aside from small parties for the guests and other friends, we occasionally house artistic presentations and live music. But there're also excellent places just around the cornerS (yeah, plural). We're a block away from the famous corner of streets Mourato Coelho and Aspicuelta, home of classic spots for indulging yourself with the famous "chopp" (tap beer) and "botequim" (typical bar) menu. We can give you MANY options of entertainment and cultural activities, just ask at the front desk!
Vila Madalena Neighborhood (click to expand)
The laborer's neighborhood of the 50´s still preserves some houses in their original architecture and small side streets filled with art shops and bars mixed with tall luxurious buildings.
The great number of spots linked to cultural activities such as crafts workshops, art galleries, bookshops and of course the bars and their characteristic bohemia will put you in touch with a diversity of interesting people and the cultural miscegenation typical of Brazil.
Everyday life in the Vila reflects the harmony among its citizens and in the many neighborhood shops and services, the brazilian spirit of well-being and solicitude. At nightfall the local population is gradually replaced by the bohemians always present in the neighborhood. The bars (over 100 options!!) become filled with cheerful and good-looking people seeking a good time, usually moved by many kinds of brazilian music. There's an array of spots offering from sophisticated and cultural atmosphere to many bars with sidewalks packed with youngsters after the famous chopp and ice-cold beer.
Nightlife starts around 8pm and is usually over by midnight from Monday to Wednesday (except from traditionals, which are quite many). From Thursday to Saturday it goes on until 2, 3, 4am… and on Sundays from around 4pm to midnight.
This neighborhood preserves its identity while inserted in the metropolis. It's accessible by bus corridors at streets Cardeal Arcoverde and Teodoro Sampaio and by the metro (subway). We are served by the green line and the new yellow line of the metro. Get off at Faria Lima Station (yellow line) and walk 10 blocks to Casa Club. Check map on the left.
How to get here - Directions to Casa Club Hostel Bar (click to expand)
Below we list some options of how to get to Casa Club Hostel Bar. Remember: if you have trouble finding us don't hesitate to call and we'll help you. If asking someone else for directions, say you're looking for Vila Madalena, Rua Cardeal Arcoverde, Rua Mourato Coelho (neighborhood, main street and our street, respectively).
Have our address in hands:
Casa Club Hostel Bar Rua Mourato Coelho 973, Vila Madalena phone: (11) 3798-0051
From Guarulhos Airport +
1) We are about 45 minutes driving distance from the international airport. The easiest way (and most expensive) is to take a taxi. Show our address to the driver and he should offer to take you for ~BRL 120 (about 75 USD). Our driver does pick-up at arrival for fixed BRL 100. Sends us your flight info (number, carrier and estimated arrival time) and we will confirm. Return to airport for BRL 90.
2) By urban bus: at the main exit, close to the taxis, look for the Airport Bus Service. There are two options; the urban and the executive which differ in confort, price and final destinations. We recommend the Urban Line for the better cost/benefit. The fare is BRL 4 (about 3 USD) and the final destination is a Shopping Mall with a subway station called "Shopping Metrô Tatuapé". From there take the subway to Vila Madalena Station (Green line), changing trains at Sé Station (Red Line) and Paraíso Station (Blue Line). On the bottom of this page we give you different options from Vila Madalena Station. See below for details on the Executive Line of the Airport Bus Service.
3) By executive bus: this option of the Airport Bus Service costs BRL 33 (about 21 USD). You should take bus "#1 - Guarulhos - Circuito dos Hotéis Paulista/Augusta". Tell the driver you want to get off closest to "Av. Dr. Arnaldo" (he probably will not understand any English so have it written or printed somewhere. A good reference for this bus stop is Av. Paulista, which is a touristic site you shouldn't miss. When the bus makes a U-turn while on this Avenue, this is your hint. At the end of Rua da Consolação (about one block from where you got off the bus) you'll see a large bus stop. At this bus stop take a city bus (fare BRL 3) line "701A-10 Metro Vila Madalena". This bus takes you to our door step! Get off at Rua Mourato Coelho 1010 (reference Rua Aspicuelta).
From Congonhas Airport +
1) Taxi about BRL 50. Our driver does pick-up at arrival and helps with luggage for BRL 55. Return to airport for BRL 45.
2) Bus: Take the city bus "476A-10 Ipiranga". The fare is BRL 3. Get off at Alameda dos Nhambiquaras, 497 (reference Av. Acoce). Walk a block and take bus "875C-10 LAPA" at Alameda dos Maracatins, 304. Get off at Av. Brigadeiro Faria Lima, 2705 (reference Rua Escócia). At the same bus stop take bus "847P-10 Terminal Pirituba". This one passes in front of Casa Club. Get off at Rua Mourato Coelho, 1010 (reference Rua Aspicuelta).
3) Bus and Subway: Take bus "675D-10 METRO V. MARIANA". The fare costs BRL 3. Get off at Vila Mariana Subway station (look for a black totem written in white with a blue symbol) and follow by subway to Vila Madalena station. Subway fare is BRL 3. You'll have to change trains (from the blue to the green line) at station Ana Rosa. From station Vila Madalena walk to Casa Club following the map below.
From Barra Funda or Tietê Bus Terminals +
These bus terminals ("terminais rodoviários" in Portuguese) receive most of the interstate bus traffic. Both have subway stations which you should take to Vila Madalena and then follow the instructions below.
From Faria Lima Subway (closest station to the hostel) +
1) Taxi about BRL 10.
2) Bus: take any bus (fair BRL 3) going up Rua Teodoro Sampaio and get of right after "Pao de Açucar Supermarket". Ask the cash collector where "Supermercado Pão de Açucar" is. It will be only two stations from where you got in. You'll be at the intersection with our street Mourato Coelho. Walk three blocks until number 973 and bingo! Get familiar with the map.
3) Casa Club Hostel Bar is close to Faria Lima metro station (less than 1 mile, ~15min). If you prefer walking check the map on the left.
From Vila Madalena Subway/Bus Terminal +
1) Taxi about BRL 10.
2) Bus: at terminal Vila Madalena (subway station and also a bus terminal) take bus "701A-10 Pq. Edu Chaves" and get off at Rua Fradique Coutinho with Rua Aspicuelta. Walk a block and bingo! See the map below.
3) Casa Club Hostel Bar is close to Vila Madalena Subway/Bus Terminal (~1600m or 1 mile). If you prefer walking follow the map below.
Follow this map to Casa Club from Vila Madalena Subway/Bus terminal.
Thank you for your preference. Cheers from the Casa Club team!